Observational bee nest box
An unusual and educational gift for bee lovers, especially loved by children!
- A window into a solitary bee lifecycle: see the creation of nest cells first-hand, including pollen provision, egg laying, larval development, cocoon spinning, and emergence!
- Square tunnel style makes it easy to clean and maintain your bee nesting box: a flathead screwdriver is all you need to ready the box for new occupants (and even optionally remove cocoons for safe winter storage)
- Comes with everything you need to install, including a mounting screw and tips for picking the best place to put your bee nest box to attract bees
Bees will love:
- 20 perfectly-sized nest tunnels of optimal length and diameter, all ready for bees to move in (including neatly sanded tunnels)
- Safe for bees: made with natural (untreated) fir, and weatherproofed with a light varnish on the exterior surfaces only for years of maintenance-free use
- Encourages a population of orchard bees in spring or leafcutter bees in summer
A few details:
- Lovingly handcrafted to order by Elise’s father Stan in California
- Measures 9″ x 12″ (not including back panel height)
- Bee-tested and approved!
Please allow 2 additional weeks before shipping. Ships free within US & Canada!
Ships within one week